What are cookies?
A cookie is a small text file that is stored by your browser or on the hard drive of your computer when you visit a website. They are widely used to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide business and marketing information to the owners of the site.
Cookies can be placed on your device directly by our site (first party cookies) or by a third party through our site (third party cookies).
Cookies can be further categorised into two types:
- Session cookies are only stored on your device during your browser session. They are deleted when you close your browser.
- Persistent cookies remain on your device for a set period of time even after your browser session has ended.
More information about which cookies are session cookies and which cookies are persistent cookies can be found by clicking the Cookie Settings button on our site.
More information generally about cookies can be found at www.aboutcookies.org.
Some of the cookies that we use are necessary to make our site work, or work more efficiently, as they perform security and other essential functions such as enabling you to move around our site and use its features. These cookies operate on an anonymous basis.
Other cookies that we use are non-essential but help us to understand how our site is used by visitors and enable us to continue to improve the visitor experience.
Types of non-essential cookies used by us
- Functional cookies – Functional cookies help to perform certain activities such as sharing the content of the site on social media platforms, collecting feedback and implementing other third-party features
- Performance cookies – Performance cookies are used to understand and analyze the key performance indexes of the site which helps in delivering a better user experience for visitors
- Analytics – Analytical cookies are used to understand how visitors interact with the website. These cookies help provide website metrics such as the number of visitors, how visitors reach a website and visits by webpage.
- Advertisement – Advertisement cookies are used to track visitors across the site and provide them with more relevant and customised adverts and marketing campaigns.
For further information about each cookie type used on our site click on the “Cookie Settings” button on the cookie banner on our website.
How do I manage my cookie settings?
Necessary cookies are automatically enabled on your browser when you visit our site. These necessary cookies are required for our site to work properly and cannot be disabled using the “Cookie Settings” button on our site.
Non-essential cookies will be stored in your browser only with your consent which can be given via the Managing Consent tab and cookies banner on our website. On this banner, you have the choice to accept all these non-essential cookies by clicking on “Accept all cookies” or you can manage your non-essential cookie preferences on an individual basis. Please note that certain functionalities of our sites might not work if you choose not to enable some or all of these non-essential cookies.
In addition to using the “Cookie Settings” option described above, you can also use the settings of your internet browser to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies (including necessary cookies), get notified when new cookies are dropped on your browser and/or disable or delete these cookies altogether (including necessary cookies). Please note that deleting existing cookies will not prevent these cookies from being re-set during your next visit on our site.
You can find more information about how to manage cookies in the “help” section of your relevant browser, including at the links below: